Interested In This Yacht?
To Learn More Contact
Her striking timeless styling combine with her efficient sea kindly hull design, 10 knots @ 15 G.P.H. and oversized stabilizers make for a comfortable cruising yacht.A must-see if you desire a traditional pedigree, long-range motor yacht.
MK Yacht Sales would love to guide you through a personal showing of this 70' Stephens 1981. This yacht for sale is located in ESSEX , Connecticut and priced at $350,000. For a showing please contact us by filling out the form on this page and we will get back to you shortly!
Disclaimer 12V71 N
1981 1543.00 HRS 450.00 HP
1981 1543.00 HRS 450.00 HP
Sleeps six owner and guests in three staterooms plus crew. Entering from the aft deck there is an ample salon with large sofa and large picture windows. A staircase to starboard leads to the aft passageway. The master stateroom is aft with a queen berth and built in chest of drawers on either side. A private head and shower is to port and large closet it so starboard. The aft passage also leads to a second stateroom with two beds and a private head and shower to starboard, and a full size laundry room to port. Large closets line the passageway providing a large amount of storage space for owners and guests. Moving forward from the main salon into the galley, there is a large working area mirrored by a built in dinette. Forward of the galley is the pilothouse with a centered bench seat at the helm and a second bench aft. This large helm eases navigation and makes for extremely comfortable traveling. forward of the pilothouse and down the passageway lead to crew quarters and full beam walk-in engine room entrance. Forward is a large third stateroom with two bunks and a private head and shower in the bow.
$275,000 refit in 2016-17 including:• New shafts• Props balanced (including 2 spare props)• New cutless bearings• New teak foredeck cap rail• 2 generators rebuilt• New starboard engine alternator• New battery charger - 40 amp Charles 5000 SP Series 24 VDC• New Solaras solar panels (2 @ 140 watt each)• New bilge pump control switches• New bottom paint• New Sonihull ultrasonic antifouling (2 duos)• Naiad stabilizers dropped & serviced• New Naiad stabilizer gyroscope & back-up gyroscope• New Garmin VHFs (helm and fly bridge)• New Garmin AIS• New Garmin sounder• New engine block heaters (2)• New fresh water plumbing and fixtures• New waste water plumbing, head pump and refurbished, back-up head pump• New swim ladder• New windshield wipers and arms (5)• New teak lounge chairs (2)• New cushions for lounge chairs and bow bench• New 400’ chain anchor rode• New Frigidaire stainless steel stove• New microwave• New Fusion stereo• New screens in wheel house screen doorsForedeck• Teak deck• High gloss varnished teak cap rail• 24" high stainless bow rail• Stainless steel flag staff holder with 47" teak flag staff• Port and Starboard rope hause with 16" cleats• Teak escape/Ventilation hatch with 10" circular skylight 25" x 25" with cover• Windlass Ideal 24v with chain Wildcat and stemhead roller• 400' x 3/8" galvanized chain with chain stop (2016)• Anchor 145 lbs. Navy type• Spare anchor deck hause with lid• Anchor up foot peddle
• 23' Walkthrough to Foredeck• Port and starboard storage lockers• Teak cap high gloss varnished• Exterior forward of pilothouse seat with cushions and storage below• Walkaround decks 23" with cabin overhang• 34" high bulwarks• Port and starboard 1/4-1/2-3/4+ stern rope hauses with 16" cleats• Port and starboard gates at pilothouse 21" wide (note) swing inboard• Custom removable (2) step vertical stainless boarding ladder• Aft deck 8'9" in length with 5' hardtop overhang with courtesy light• Built-in stern bench seat 7'8" wide x 22" deep with cushions and storage below• Teak decking• Aft cabin bulkhead storage locker with hinged lid 34"H x 54"W x 14"D• Access gate to swim platform with removable stainless steel ladder with teak treads• Cockpit dining table (stored below stern bench)• (4) Teak armchairs with cushions• (2) Teak cocktail tables• (2) Teak lounge chairs on bow with cushions (2016)• Forward bench seat with new cushion (2016)• Salon Access through double teak doors with windows and storage sun cover• Port and starboard 12" stainless steel cleats with chafe guards• Stainless steel stern flagstaff holder with 72" teak flagstaff
• Aluminum 36" deep with teak decking• Permanent stainless steel swim ladder with (4) steps (2016)• Removable stainless steel swim ladder with (2) steps
• Windscreen Venturi style clear plexiglass with removable panels• Compass Magnetic 4-1/2" (Danforth Constellation)• Chrome Binnacle on compass with cover• Wheel 30" stainless steel Destroyer style• Bow thruster control (Wesmar 48 volt)• Clutch and throttles single lever Morse• Rudder angle indicator (Sperry)• Centerline helm station with cover• Helm bench seat 51" wide with cushions and back rest• Storage below helm seat• Port and starboard companion seats with cushions and backrest• Storage below port and starboard companion seats• Teak decking• Mast hinged with spreader lights• Davit 800 lbs. Marquipt/port side with starboard side standpipe• Bimini top with 1-1/4" stainless steel frame (In storage)
• Chart plotter 12" Garmin 4212 with cover• V.H.F. Garmin with 9' DB Gain antenna (2016)• Depth finder digital (Datamarine)• Synchronizer Glendenning automatic• Autopilot override switch• (2) Stereo speakers with volume control• 12" accessory plug
• Headroom 6'5"• Windshield (5) window with 5 - 20" wipers with fresh water wash down (2016)• White solid pilothouse windshield cover• Port and starboard pilothouse doors• Port and starboard pilothouse bifold teak screen doors (Screens replaced 2016)• Pilothouse cabin sole Mahogany with satin finish• Pilothouse bench helm seat 52" W x 23" D x 31" H with back rest and cushions• Storage below bench helm seat with access doors on each end• Stainless steel foot rest• Clutch and throttles single lever controls (Morse) with idle control• Bow thruster control (Wesmar 48v)• Compass 8" magnet with chrome Binnacle (Danforth)• Chart flat with overhead red night vision chart light• Stabilizer control with low fluid level warning light (Naiad)• Helm wheel 30" mahogany• Chart / manual cabinet with (6) shelves• Flybridge access ladder (5) step with non skid tread's teak• Hatch with gas shock 23" x 25"• Air condition reverse cycle (Cruisair)• Bench seat with cushions and storage below 57" W x 27" D• Overhead lights (2) 12v• Storage lockers (2)• Cabinet built in with (2) file cabinet drawers and desk light• Manual fire system emergency pull• (2) 110v outlets• Stairwell to forward cabins and to engine room with stainless steel grab rail• Electronics consul overhead with access panels
• Rudder angle indicator 3-1/2" (Sperry)• Auto pilot (Sperry) with 7-1/2" magnetic compass (Commercial Grade Unit)• Radar with 4' open array antenna 96 mile with 15" screen (Simrad Anritsu)• Chart plotter with 12" screen Garmin 4212 with cover• Synchronizer / Glendenning automatic• Clock and barometer (Weems and Plath)• Garmin Depth finder (2016)• V.H.F. Garmin with 9' DB gain antenna (2016)• Garmin AIS (2016)• Wind speed indicator with cover (Raymarine ST40)• Searchlight 12" with hand control (Carlisle and Finch)• Horns dual trumpet (Kahlenberg) with 24v air compressor• Air draft 24' top of anchor light / 18' with mast layed down• V.H.F. hand held with charger (Westmarine VHF 150)• Inclinometer (Rieker Inst. Co)
• Headroom 6'9"• Location: Main deck just aft of pilothouse to port• Viewing port lights (2) port, (2) starboard 16" at eye level with privacy shades• Ample over and under counter storage lockers• Under cabinet night cruising light red 12v• Fridgidaire (4) burner stove with full size oven 110v (2016)• Microwave (2016)• Stainless steel double sinks with Single Lever faucet and garbage disposal• Black & Decker Spacemaker toaster/oven (2017)• Overhead 24v light• Kitchen Aid stainless steel refrigerator / freezer with ice dispenser 22 cubic feet• Mahogany flooring with high gloss finish• Liquor glass locker with cutouts• Stainless steel paper towel holder• Air conditioner services galley and main salon• Dinette seats (4) person comfortably and is raised for easy viewing (to starboard of galley)• Storage under dinette seats• Galley countertop is Formica with stainless steel back splash• Matching Mahogany cabinetry
• Head room 6'6"• Large viewing windows with Mahogany valances and Roman style shades• Double doors to aft deck with full height windows• Stairwell to master/guest staterooms• Natuzzi leather sofa located port• (2) Swivel barrel chairs matching Natuzzi Leather• Built in end tables with matching lamps and built in speakers• Carpeted sole• Ottoman upholstered with storage• Headliner with overhead down lighting• Paneling traditional Mahogany satin finish• Décor subtle beiges and off whitesMain Salon - Entertainment• Direct TV DSS receiver• Sat TV KVH M5• Panasonic DVD-558 DVD/CD player• Cabinet with storage below
• Headroom 6'3"• Full beam aft• Light wall coverings accented by Mahogany cabinetry• Large port and starboard opening port lights with privacy shades• Matching Mahogany valances• Centerline queen berth with storage below• Mahogany aft center bulkhead with reading lights and mirror• Port and starboard nightstands / dressers with lots of drawer and lockers• To port vanity with mirror and make up lighting• Large hanging locker to starboard with ventilated door• Air conditioning / reverse cycle CruisAir• Built in 110v electric heater and thermostat• Carpeted flooring• Panasonic 32" flat screen TV with DSS receiver• Privacy door with lock• Port and starboard 110v outlets
• Headroom 6'3"• Stall shower• VaccuFlush fresh water head• Mosaic tile flooring with matching countertop• Privacy door• Large opening port light with privacy shade• Mirror with lights• Porcelain sink with single lever faucet• Towel rack• Toothbrush holder & toothpaste dispenser
• (1) Large linen locker• (1) Large pantry locker• (1) Hanging locker• Access to starboard guest aft stateroom• Headliner with lights• Carpet flooring• Wall coverings• Traditional Mahogany doors and joiner work
• Headroom 6'3"• Large opening port light with privacy shade• Oversized twin berths with reading lamps• Storage drawers below berths• Night stand with drawers• Forward bulkhead mirror• Air conditioner• Hanging locker• Carpeted flooring• Traditional wall coverings accented by mahogany joinery work• Privacy door with lock• Dynex 26" flat screen TV with remote control• DSS receiver shared with Master stateroom• Overhead 24v light• Ensuite head with privacy door
• Large opening port light with privacy shade• Mosaic tile flooring and vanity countertop• Under counter storage• Sink with double lever faucet• VaccuFlush fresh water head• Wall mirror• Stall shower• Towel rack• Toilet paper holder
• Whirpool washer and dryer - apartment size machines• Clothes folding countertop• Overhead lighting• Privacy door• Carpeted flooring
• (1) 20 gallon Raritan hot water heater 220v• (1) Fresh water pump Raz Marine 24v with pressure gauge• (1) Domestic fresh water pump Raz Marine 24v with pressure gauge spare• (1) Canister element style fresh water filter
• Head room 6'7"• (4) opening port lights• Port and starboard berths with built in night stands• Drawers and storage below berths• Port and starboard mahogany valances with Roman style privacy shades• Port hanging locker• Privacy door with lock• CruisAir air conditioner reverse cycle• Port and starboard 24v sconce wall lighting / reading lamps• 110v outlet• Built in 110v electric heater• Dynex 26" flat screen TV with remote control• Carpeted cabin sole• Overhead light 24v• Tasteful traditional blend of wall coverings and Mahogany joinery work• Ensuite head forward• Wall mirror with Mahogany frame 18' W x 24" H• DSS receiver• DVD player
• Forward bulkhead opening mirror access to chain/rope locker• Vanity with mosaic tile and porcelain sink with single lever faucet• Storage below vanity• Port and starboard opening round port lights opaque• Overhead ventilation / escape hatch with screen and port light 21" x 21"• Head fresh water Vaccu Flush• Stall shower with frosted Lexan door with 6'2" headroom• Port and starboard storage lockers• Mosaic tile flooring• (2) 24v wall lights• 110v outlet• Towel rack• Polished stainless steel toilet paper holder• Privacy door with lock• Toothbrush holder• Soap dish holder• Electric shower sump pump with on/off light
• Headroom 6'2"• Just aft of forward guest stateroom• Sofa / single lower berth to port with drawers below• (2) round opening port lights• Mahogany valance with Roman style privacy curtain• Bookshelf to port• 110v light fixture forward bulkhead• Air conditioner duct• (2) 24v overhead lights• Crew Galley• (2) Storage locker with cabinet doors• Countertop• Under counter Sub Zero freezer 110v• Under counter refrigerator with freezer 110v Avanti• Microwave 18" W x 10" H• Circular stairwell from pilothouse with polished stainless steel banister• Carpeted sole• Tasteful blend of wall covers with traditional Mahogany joineryCaptain's Cabin Ensuite Head• Located to starboard of Captain's cabin• (1) Round opening port light• Vanity with mosaic tile and storage below• Porcelain sink with single lever faucet• 110v outlet• Storage locker• VaccuFlush fresh water head• Polished stainless steel toilet paper holder• Framed bulkhead mirror 18" W x 28" H• Soap holder• Toothbrush holder• Mosaic tile flooring• Towel rack• Privacy door• (1) 24v overhead lighting
• Headroom 6'7"• Access door• Twin 12V71 N series 450 HP each (Port 1543hrs/Stb 1559hrs)• Block Heaters (2016)• Fuel filters Racor 1,000 dual with selector valve and pressure gauge• Fuel polishing system Algae x• Fuel tank stripping pump - manual• 40 gallon fresh oil tank with spigot• Twin disc gears - Ratio 2:1• Shafts 2-1/4" with stub shafts / dripless shaft seals (2016)• Spare props 30" x 28" x 4 blade Nibral/mounted engine room (Balanced 2016)• Spare stub shaft 2-1/4" with key and locking nuts• Cutless bearings (2016)• Power steering assist pump on starboard & port engines• Emergency bilge pump on port engine• (2) Fuel gauges (Hersey Pneumatic) for three tanks• Fire system Kidde CO2• Sonihull ultrasonic antifouling system (2016)
• Naiad model 251-1 system with 9 sq. ft. fins (dropped and serviced 2016)• Naiad gyroscope and back up gyroscope (2016)• Control on/off switch pilothouse with low fluid warning light
• 600 G.P.D. water makers Inc.
• (1) 20 K.W. Kohler generator 1,800 RPM with Aqua lift muffler starboard (Rebuilt 2016 with 258hrs currently)• Fuel filters Racor 500 (2) with pressure gauges• Single 50AMP shore cord 50' length access from port or starboard engine room port light• Battery charger: 40 amp Charles 5000 SP Series 24 VDC / 24v (2016)• Isolation transformer• Capac monitor system• (2) 140watt Solaris Solar Panels (2016)• 24v/110v/220v Electrical breaker panel• Generator remote starts pilothouse / master stateroom• Generators exhaust out transom• Air compressor Kahlenberg 24v belt drive with pressure gauge• 24v alternator on each main engine (Starboard NEW 2016)• (4) 8-D Batteries with boxes and lids (New 2017)
• Stainless steel sink with single lever faucet• Vise 3-1/2" permanently fixed• (7) Drawer Snap On tool chest built in under work bench• Aluminum Diamond plate decking• (1) 120v intake blower• (1) 110v outlet at work bench
• Holding tank / located centerline engine room. Approx. 150 gallon• (1) Overboard discharge pump (Mansfield 24v) (2016)• (1) Overboard discharge pump (Mansfield 24v) spare in line (2016)• (1) Overboard discharge pump (Mansfield 24v) spare not in line (Rebuilt 2016)• Holding tank ventilation filter (Saniguard)• 75% of Holding tank hosing replaced (2016)
• Water tank 500 gallon Intregul aluminum• (1) 20 gallon hot water heater stern 220v Raritan• (1) 6 gallon hot water heater bow 110v Raritan• (1) Fresh water pump, 24v with pressure gauge (Raz Mairne)• (1) Spare fresh water pump, 24v with pressure gauge (Raz Marine)• New freshwater plumbing and fixtures throughout vessel (2016)
• Wesmar 23 HP 48v DC• 12" Aluminum tube• Pilothouse and Flybridge controls• 48 volt charger with (4) AGM batteries with boxes• Note: Main breaker for bow thruster is located in engine room forward bulkhead
• Personal art work• Tender• Tools• Personal items• A detailed list will be provided at time of sale
This is an excellent example from Stephens Marine, a premier West coast custom builder. Stephens has frequently been referred to as a “West Coast Burger.” This vessel was the third custom-built Stephens yacht for her original owner and called "Love Affair." Her second owner purchased her in 2010, named her “SEAFIRE” and cruised to the Bahamas annually. Her third owner purchased her in 2014, named her “GREAT SCOTT” and cruised between Newport, Rhode Island and the Florida Keys. In 2016 he put her through a thoughtful refit with extended cruising in mind, but a change of plans has placed her on the market.Her striking timeless styling combine with her efficient sea kindly hull design, 10 knots @ 15 G.P.H. and oversized stabilizers make for a comfortable cruising yacht.A must-see if you desire a traditional pedigree, long-range motor yacht.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
This listing is presented to you courtesy of a member of the International Yacht Brokers Association and may be centrally listed with another broker. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel.The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.